Copeland, C.C. et al. (2017) The Journal of Clinical Anesthesia. 39 (June) pp. 122–127
- Preoperative assessment of critically ill patients is challenging and understudied.
- ASA class, RCRI, and SOFA score were studied to predict survival to discharge.
- One in four ICU patients did not survive to discharge after an intervention.
- Available scores inadequately discriminated between survivors and non-survivors.
- SOFA score (AUC = 0.68) outperformed ASA class (AUC = 0.59).
Read the full abstract here